What does Integra2 provide?
• Integra2 provides the prior logistics and transport support required in order to link up the different collection points before the “Gran Recapte”.
• Every year, between October and November, those responsible for “Goods in” and “Distribution” operations at Integra2 Barcelona have a planning meeting with the Food Bank’s logistics managers. In this meeting they plan the pick-up requirements for shops, supermarkets and Shopping Centres.
• We make a preliminary evaluation, and when we receive the real information we organise the pick-up routes and evaluate the means necessary to be able to meet with their requirements. These range from small vehicles with tail lifts to heavy vehicles or trailers used to move goods between the Bank’s warehouses.
• Just before the beginning of the “Gran Recapte” weekend, a follow up meeting takes place at the final installations. There, the place for receiving and classifying the boxes and tubs collected on the Friday and Saturday of the “Gran Recogida”. Integra2 and its team of professionals collaborate by providing their experience with regards to organisation of unloading and vehicle movement between docking bays and warehouses, in an aim to streamline and optimise processes and resources.
• Integra2 selflessly provides these services free of charge. In addition to the initial pick up, we aim to provide all of the extra means they request from us, in this case at cost price without making any profit, such as for example, contacting packaging suppliers relating to the boxes and tubs as well as distributing them. We do not only do this in Catalonia, but also in the “Gran Recogida de Alimentos (Great Food collection)” in Andalusia.
• In recent years, personnel from Integra2 Barcelona have provided voluntary help, not only in management and handling, but also in the classification of food on the internal classification lines.
• Becoming a volunteer is as easy as registering at www.granrecapte.com
as a volunteer.
This year we would like to organise a classification team of volunteers big enough to participate as a group in the classification. If you are interested in becoming part of the “Integra2 Classification Team
”, send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
as soon as possible o contact your manager so that we can inform the Food Bank of the group that will take part.